Sunday, December 23, 2007

Goals for Break: Take 2

Winter/Christmas Break is upon us, and with this break comes another set of goals. (Some ALREADY accomplished by the time I made this post!)


  • Wallflips. (Already learned. I can do them in the gym, I want to practice there a little bit more before I try them outside, but they're pretty easy.)
  • Layout from height. (Already learned! I would like to practice these a bit more, but I am really, really confident in them, so I could probably do them outside right now.)
  • Sideflips. (Already learned! Kind of. They need a lot more practice in the gym. The landing is.. sparradic at best, and I have too much rotation in the wrong directions.)
  • Handstands. Getting better, but I still can't hold it solidly for any decent length of time.
  • 540 kick. Again, getting better. I can land them more reliably and correctly now, but still want more work.
  • Frontflips. This is a maybe. If I'm doing really well with all my other goals, I'll start learning and practicing the basics of a frontflip.


In other news, about half of NYPK is coming down on January 2nd and 3rd to visit. The plan is to have some people drive and meet at my house, and others take a bus to DC, then we're going to spend the day at Primal and various spots around DC, perhaps Silver Spring? Then that night, we're going to come back to my house and crash, and then go to AACC to train the next day, and perhaps Emilias or Xtreme Acro (gymnastics gyms) to train for a bit, then they leave. It should be pretty awesome, expecting upwards of 10 people, plus all the guys I train with here in Severna Park.

I can't wait! This is going to be a good break.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A. Aleksandroff, alias GT said...

that's a parkour party right there. One of my resolutions is to master the roll, the speed vault, and the kong. I hesitate in jumps, which sucks.

December 25, 2007 at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home