Monday, November 5, 2007

RIT Training Video - Fall 2007

Sunday, we decided to make a training video. It became a 13 hour ordeal... but it is done! 4 hours of filming, (about 2 hours of eating,) and then a 7 hour marathon editing session... but I think it turned out really well.

Unfortunately, there were only four of us on Sunday, so the video doesn't give an accurate representation of the usual group, but there was still a good variety of skill levels present. Charlie and Artem are still relatively new, Joe had a decent amount of experience, but has never really trained with anyone else, and Zac (me) has been training for almost 2 years.

In Mid-Atlantic news, Primal Fitness (the Parkour Gym in DC) has moved! Only about a mile, it's just the next subway station down from where it was before. They have moved to a bigger location, and now offer more classes. If you're ever down in the area, I HIGHLY recommend you check them out. Mark and Jessie (the owners) are really great guys, and their Parkour classes are great for beginners and advanced traceurs alike.



Youtube version of the RIT Parkour Training 2007 video.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to actually put up a link for the video in "Click Here". Just a suggestion.

November 6, 2007 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Zac said...

I was having some FTP issues.

November 6, 2007 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Jamal lover said...

Me and a couple of my friends are wondering if there's any place in rochester that beginners could train.
we saw a video about Parkour on espn and we were really interested. I know i sound like a complete noob but we really want to train as traceurs

November 10, 2007 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Zac said...

Nothing wrong with being new! Helping out people like you are why I started this blog in the first place.

The one good place I know if in Rochester is Manhattan Square Park, near the Strong (Children's?) Museum. It's a pretty cool spot.

You're also always welcome to train with us at RIT, just email me (zaccohn@gmail.com) or send me a message on AIM (superhappydud) and I can give you directions, times, places, etc.

I don't know of many more really good spots in Rochester, I haven't been to the city too many times myself. If you find any, definitely let me know and the RIT crowd will make a field trip!

Hit me up, I'd love to talk to you more! Until then... happy training. :)

November 10, 2007 at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home