Tuesday, September 22, 2009

5 Cool Things Zac Has Done

Zachary Cohn
5. Challenged Housing Department to get our basements back:
Colony Manor Townhouses
 Housing is more or less constantly trying to pull a fast one on RIT students. They often get away with it, but sometimes they just take things too far. Here's the story of how Housing tried to lock the basements of all the townhouses in my complex, and how I started a movement and stopped them by using social networking and a the power of rallying people behind a cause!

4. 72 Hour Fast:
No Food For Me!I grew up in an upper-middle class family with a fully stocked refrigerator. Sometimes we were out of peanut butter, but we were never out of food. So I decided to find out what it was like to go three days without eating. I did not alter my schedule at all, and I used Twitter to keep a constant log of how I was feeling.

3. Trip around the country:
Zac's Trip Across The CountryI was faced with a choice. Should I look for a summer job, or should I blow a fair deal of my money and travel to 20 different cities across the country meeting new people, seeing new places, and training Parkour? No real contest. I took planes, trains, and busses and never spent a dime on housing by staying with parkour friends. Read the stories (be sure not to miss the Plane to San Francisco one), see the pictures, and watch the videos of my 8 week trip.

2. Rochester Parkour:
Rochester ParkourWhen I came to RIT as a freshmen, there were only two other people training in all of Rochester, and they were about 45 minutes away. Since I founded Rochester Parkour one year ago, we've had special Beginner Workshops with over 100 attendees, host training sessions with over 40 regulars, have had two television interviews and five newspaper articles, been featured by the Rochester Area Community Foundation nonprofit organization, negotiated to teach children's classes out of a gymnastics gym, and led free children's workshops for the Strong National Museum of Play.

1. Backflips!
Backflip! Technically this is called an X-Out

And undoubtly the coolest thing I've done... Backflips! What most people don't know about backflips is that they're also semi-legal tender in some places. I've done backflips for raffle tickets, backflips for cheese, and backflips for cash!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chloe said...

awesomeness, I think the parkour trip around the country was the coolest though.

September 23, 2009 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! LOL backflips as legal tender! I knew they had more payoff than the improved body control and that mental block out of the way!

September 27, 2009 at 3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how at the end of your back flip you magically slide forward. Could you tell me how to do that?

October 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger OMKI Warrior said...

Guess Who? (i.e. The Tall One)
Hey, missed you when u left the office (The Agency). That lil' test in the office was just me sizing you up. Remember, my pinky has more martial-arts skill than you. :) Yes, that's a challenge. And my back-flips are much more awesome! (only takes 2 days to complete 1). Anyway, hope you continue to do well.

August 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home